Cannock Wood and Gentleshaw Investigation

Alien and Paranormal Awakening in the news.

Moderators: wolfman, leecol

Cherill
Group founder member ASSAP approved

Cannock Wood and Gentleshaw Investigation

Post by Cherill » Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:32 pm

Hi all!

This week has seen a turn in the events of the groups profile.

I have been in touch with a lovely gentleman, Mark Allen, who writes a weekly coloumn for the Cannock Mercury on Villages, their past and present. I explained to him about our investigation and told him about the results from both the village hall and the windmill EVP. He seemed most interested in what we do and said he would mention us in his column.

That can't be bad can it? :lol:

Ches.
Blessed be!

Cherill.

"sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare." J. Ceaser.

Cherill
Group founder member ASSAP approved

Post by Cherill » Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:49 pm

Hi all!

Well, the article has come out and after I got up from the floor, crying with laughter, I decided to let you all know how it went. Read on and weep!

THE LIGHTER SIDE OF THE MEDIA

As you know, we have been undertaking an investigation into the village where I live and last week a local paper started to run a ‘series’ on the village, so I contacted the author (Who incidentally, lives in the village as I do) and was pleasantly surprised to find him a lovely gentleman who seemed genuinely interested in what our group is doing. We talked for quite a while and I made it very clear, in best easy-to-understand terminology, (or so I thought) what we were about. Yesterday the ‘article’ was published and I nearly fell on the floor with laughter!
So, in light of this, I have decided to share with you all, a “what I said” and “what the paper said” article for you to enjoy and compare. Spot the similarities!

I said:
We are a group of people called Paranormal Awakening (http://www.navigatortm.com) who investigate any claims of paranormal phenomena. We are ASSAP affiliated and I am an ASSAP accredited investigator. A direct link to ASSAP’s website can be found from our groups homepage. In this case we set out to disprove the folklore concerning the mill, but it looks as though we may have actually proved it - well almost!

The paper said:
We are a team of Ghostbusters, members of ASAP (yes one S!) the Association for the scientific Study of Anomalous Phenomena, whose website can be found at http://www.navigatortm.com. We try to disprove claims of the paranormal.

I said:
Castle Ring is supposed to be a place where ley-lines cross or meet and this may be why the village is so active on the whole.

The paper said:
The village is split by ley-lines making it a prime place for spooky goings on.

I said:
Using some very sensitive sound equipment which we can use for high and low frequencies, we managed to capture the sound of a windmill and an anomalous voice in the ruin of the windmill.

The paper said:
Using special electronic voice phenomena recorders and special night vision cameras they have found some remarkable discoveries. (it did say though, that we captured the sound of a voice and a working mill!).

I said:
We hired the village hall as a base for the night-time investigation and caught some light anomalies in there, together with some extreme temperature fluctuations.

The paper said:
Camped overnight in the village hall the team recorded extreme temperature fluctuations and erratic lights.

I said:
Our next step is to investigate Castle Ring to see why ‘the people in white robes’ frequent it. (We are not sure who these people are), and later to investigate Nunswell.

The paper said:
There are plans to investigate the men in white robes on Castle Ring ancient monument and Nunswell park, which is a disused quarry and the site of an old abbey!

So - there it is for all to see. I hope you enjoyed comparing the two versions. Let this be a warning to us all - BEWARE THE PRESS! :shock:
Blessed be!

Cherill.

"sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare." J. Ceaser.