Twisting the truth

This is a place to discuss these two controversial topics whenever they cross paths with the paranormal.

Moderator: wolfman

wolfman
Assistant report writer ASSAP approved

Twisting the truth

Post by wolfman » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:25 pm

Hi there you lot
Just been reading an interesting book about Jesus (I dont usuallv bother with conspiracy therories) but this one is rather interesting. Its called The Jesus Papers (Cant remember the name of the author but he co wrote Holy Blood Holy Grail) and the main jist of the book is not so much trying to prove or disprove anything it just points out a lot of historical inaccuracies both in the bible and in the Catholic teachings eg Crucifiction was a Roman punishment usually for crimes of Sedition, Jesus' crime was a religious crime (something about flattening the house of god and rebuilding it in three days which would have been seen as blashemy) for which the punishment was being stined to death so why the change.
It is a very good book and if nothing else it certainly makes you think (there are loads more examples obviously).The churches response to various scientific findings etc is to say the least is very blinkered (no thats a serious understatement) Just thought I would share this so if you want a good book to read try this one :)

Wolfman
"Salutatio ego ipse optatum abuti ea matula!".

Cherill
Group founder member ASSAP approved

Re: Twisting the truth

Post by Cherill » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:55 pm

I will get round to reading it - one day :roll: Promise!
Blessed be!

Cherill.

"sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare." J. Ceaser.