The Swinging Cord

This is a place for sharing your own peculiar experiences.

Moderators: wolfman, leecol

GAZ

The Swinging Cord

Post by GAZ » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:24 pm

A couple of months ago in one of our tenants flats at work I witnessed what could be some mild poltergeist activity, as I have exhausted any possible explanation (but I still don't rule that out). Me and a colleague had assisted the tenant into bed and made her comfortable, we went back into her living room to write in her care plan. We both sat on the tenants sofa and opposite was one of the flats emergency pull cords which was moving/swinging in a random manner. We had not touched the cord, the cord was not touching anything that could cause it to move, all windows closed, no source of air or wind or breeze either from outside or from us (we were sitting down before we noticed the swinging, but the rate of swinging could not of been caused by any moments made by us I am am certain of that). The only other being in the room was a fly and I really, really doubt that a fly landing on the cord would cause it to swing so erratically. Nothing else has happened, to my knowledge, before and nothing after.

wolfman
Assistant report writer ASSAP approved

Re: The Swinging Cord

Post by wolfman » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:24 pm

Interesting keep us informed dear boy

Wolfman
"Salutatio ego ipse optatum abuti ea matula!".

Cherill
Group founder member ASSAP approved

Post by Cherill » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:19 pm

Hmmm.

Might be worth saying a few words when you're in that room alone. Record it if possible. Even on your phone. Perhaps a previous tenant just wants to say Hello!
Blessed be!

Cherill.

"sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare." J. Ceaser.

GAZ

Post by GAZ » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:55 pm

I tried this, I have an iOvilus app on my iPhone, but nothing conclusive. I will give it another try at some point though and will keep you informed.

GAZ

Post by GAZ » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:01 pm

iOvilus by Digital Dowsing LLC
https://appsto.re/gb/vHh7t.i

leecol
Researcher

Post by leecol » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:03 pm

Hello Gaz,

Could the cord swinging be caused by warm air rising/eddies?
I have seen items move quite violently which were stationed above a radiator.
Was the cord assembly above/near a heat source Gaz?

Just a thought.
Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible- Frank Zappa.
To negatively criticize another man's thoughts without first criticizing one's own, it is an act of aggression, a form of psychological terrorism, and an immoral behaviour Larry Gowdy

GAZ

Post by GAZ » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:17 pm

No Lee, the flats don't have radiators only underfloor heating and that is not sufficient enough for the cord to sway the way it was. It was just wrong the way it moved.

leecol
Researcher

Post by leecol » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:48 pm

Gaz wrote
No Lee, the flats don't have radiators only underfloor heating and that is not sufficient enough for the cord to sway the way it was. It was just wrong the way it moved.
Fair enough buddy, in what way was the moving cord wrong? Was the cord jangling, spinning or both?
Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible- Frank Zappa.
To negatively criticize another man's thoughts without first criticizing one's own, it is an act of aggression, a form of psychological terrorism, and an immoral behaviour Larry Gowdy