And he came trotting by!

This is a place for sharing your own peculiar experiences.

Moderators: wolfman, leecol

Cherill
Group founder member ASSAP approved

And he came trotting by!

Post by Cherill » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:39 pm

This is another of my TRUE stories - only with a difference! This happened to me TODAY!

Day/Date/Time: Friday 29th July 2005, at 12.35pm.
Place: The junction of Borough Lane and Horsey Lane, Longdon, Rugeley.
Weather: Warmish, dry and light sunshine, clear roads all round. No pedestrians, cyclists or equestrian riders.

The incident:
I was travelling back from Longdon Green as I normally do at this time every Friday. Normally, by the time I reach this junction there is an elderly gent on his bicycle and one or two horse riders on the roads. Today however, the roads were empty!
As it was a fairly nice day, I had the drivers side window down three-quarters of the way. I had no music playing neither was the heater/air conditioning on in the car.
I approached the junction (which is a Give Way) to turn left as normal when I heard the sound of horses hooves clopping on the road to the right of me. As you look to the right, you cannot see much of the road as it is a very narrow lane on a bend. 'I'd better hang on and see where the horse is going' I thought as horses can get very jumpy of cars turning out of junctions. So I sat and waited.
The sound of the hooves seemed rather louder than usual but I knew it was only one horse approaching! (We do get lots of riders where I live and this is something you make allowances for). So, I sat and sat!
'Where's the damned horse then' I thought. 'It seems to be taking it's b***y time'! (I was hungry for lunch and bursting for the loo!)
Then, out of nowhere, it appeared right in front of me - a horse and carriage with a single driver. The man had a brown cloak on and a deerstalker type hat (althought it wasn't a classic deerstalker!). He was sitting to the right of the drivers seat. There was a double seat behind the driver for passengers.
The horse was a fairly sturdy fellow, Chestnut colour and it had a plaited main. The man looked at me (to his left), tipped his hat, smiled and then it all vanished! When I say vanished, I mean vanished. Poof! Gone! Just like that! No vision, no sounds, nothing!
I just sat there totally bemused, trying to make sense of it all, until another car came up behind me and tooted his horn, to which I yelled a load of expletives at! How dare someone toot when I'm trying to rationalise a sighting!
So, as there was no place to pull in I had to move. Needless to say I am still trying to work this out - but it does make a great story too!

Ches.
Blessed be!

Cherill.

"sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare." J. Ceaser.

GAZ

A case of the trots

Post by GAZ » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:25 pm

Hi Ches, Fascinating :shock: . It would be interesting to find out if anyone else has had a similar sighting at that spot. It might be worth finding out if the deerstalker the gentleman wore was from a particular era, or made in a particular area.

What is also interesting is that he apparantly saw you. :idea: I've just had a thought, is it possible for some people to 'see out of peoples eyes in the past'? a bit like the mind time travelling, and for a brief moment existing or residing in another persons conciousness(a less grand version of what happens to Dr Sam Beckett in the sci-fi series Quantum Leap'), maybe that's what timeslips are! 8)

Any other theories :?:

Cherill
Group founder member ASSAP approved

Post by Cherill » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:30 pm

Hi Gaz!

For what it's worth, I have been travelling this road, sometimes five times a week, for eight years now and have never seen or heard anything like it before, except for real! During the summer months, we sometimes get a small convoy of 'trappers', i.e. people out in their horse drawn carriages or carts. They trot past our house and obviously travel through the lanes. The sound of the horses hooves in a trot is very recognisable, which is why I stopped and waited, expecting to see a horse drawn carriage of some kind!
I didn't expect it to disappear in front of my eyes though!

Maybe this wasn't a 'haunting' at all but what you call a timeslip! Stefan and I have been debating this theory of timeslips with regards to some of our EVP results, wondering if we receive answers because the people can actually hear us when we ask out, maybe due to some kind of slip or warp in time!

Who knows? I only report what I see or hear. I just wish it would happen again when I've got my camera!

Ches.
Blessed be!

Cherill.

"sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare." J. Ceaser.

Ghost Searcher

Post by Ghost Searcher » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:56 pm

Excellent story! You were very privileged.

This reminds me of what someone said on the excellent tv programme...GHOST HUNTERS. He was quoting the writer Colin Wilson who said that....."most of us are too busy to notice ghosts. We drive around 60mph, headlights on full, car stereo blazing and we get to where we are going without incident. Now if you were to repeat the same journey, driving at 20mph, headlights off, windows wound down, stereo off, the same journey takes on a different atmosphere and you are aware of so much more and anything seems likely to happen."

I know that I have not quoted it correctly, but that was the basic gist of it.

Nice one Ches!
Don't eat the yellow snow!