Paranormal fakery

General postings that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderators: wolfman, leecol

kevanf1
Analyst consultant

Paranormal fakery

Post by kevanf1 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:51 pm

I don't know if anybody spotted a small piece in the local Express and Star newspaper? It concerned a house in Hatherton Street in Cheslyn Hay that has now been reported as being haunted. A local investigatory team has been asked to stay the night and look into things.

Now, here's where I come in with my subject line. I live literally just round the corner from the this house (the actual house wasn't mentioned in the paper but I have my sources). It is not haunted. It never has been haunted and there has never been any hint of paranormal activity concerning the house. I knew the people who lived there prior to the present owners - as does Gaz. One was an ex-teacher of his who sadly committed suicide, not in that house though.

What I'm getting at is the lengths some people will go to just to get some form of publicity. This sort of faking does our interest no good at all.
Live life to the full and smile.... everybody will wonder why you're smiling so make sure your hands are in full view :)

Cherill
Group founder member ASSAP approved

Post by Cherill » Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:04 am

Hi Kevan,

IF YOU HAVE A SENSITIVE NATURE DO NOT READ THIS REPLY!

I'm afraid that is the way it goes! Unfortunately, we here in the midlands, have to contend with that a*****e group over-running real research and making us look like the twats they are!

HOPEFULLY, SOMEONE SOON WILL BE ABLE TO SPILL THE BEANS ON THEM AND WE WILL BE RID OF THEM. Until then, we have to lie low and put up witht commercial interference. You know they make money from it all - unlike us! :evil:
Blessed be!

Cherill.

"sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare." J. Ceaser.

kevanf1
Analyst consultant

Post by kevanf1 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:09 pm

I think I know who you are alluding to Chez. That 'group' who seem to be in the papers every week investigating this pub or that hotel or house. There latest being the ghost hunting evenings, book here....blah, blah, blah. I've got so anoyed by them too.

Ok, I don't think this one is the same group. I seem to remember it being a local one but more West Midlands based (and named). It's not the Stourbridge crew though.

I would also like to add a correction. The guy who had the house pior to the current occupiers did NOT commit suicide. He died of a brain tumour and it wasn't in this house. It was at one of the miners houses in Huntington. Sad because he was a fantastic teacher by all accounts.
Live life to the full and smile.... everybody will wonder why you're smiling so make sure your hands are in full view :)

brett
Core member

Post by brett » Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:56 pm

hi all - seems that there are groups like this everywhere - all style and no substance - out for their own ends and little else - screwing things up for the serious investigation teams

ah well it can't last much longer - one by one the "pay to play " are dropping out of the equation - people will get wise to them - the press will get fed up with them and they will just fade away like mist in the morning

hang on in their guys - once someone leaves a group ,they don't usually come back - and there are only so many suckers who will keep paying out to go to "supposedly " haunted properties - and those who exploit the paranormal will find their money cow eventually will go dry

then we will be rid of all of them - not a day too soon in my book :!:

regards

brett.
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research,
would it?" --Albert Einstein

"the quality of one's ideas can be measured in large part to the degree of resistance that they attract. "