Lone Investigator v a Team of Investigators

General postings that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderators: wolfman, leecol

Lone Investigtor v a Team of Investigators

Vote for Lone Investigator?
25%
Vote for Team of Investigators?
50%
Vote undecided?
25%

Total votes: 8

Navigator
Group founder member ASSAP approved

Post by Navigator » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:28 pm

Hi everyone,

I have noticed that on the rare occasions when I have been alone, or should I say distanced from the team, that I have been targeted. :shock: This has resulted in a strange physical communion, with unseen forces and sometimes media record that has confirmed the experience. :oops: This might be viewed as a positive plus for a lone investigator, but I’m sort of undecided as to whether it actually is or not? :?

One thing I am certain of is that the unseen forces are picky, just like we are with strangers. If there is someone they dislike, for whatever reason they tend to shy away. In the case of any EVP experimentation, this amounts to zilch on our media record! :(

Best regards,

Stefan :)

PS Lone investigators can only hope to satisfy themselves, whereas the team hopes to prove to the world!
Believe the impossible it's probably true!

"nonnullus qu lema firtivus neus porcus"

© nostalgia: "Emotion is the sum of all beings say’s © and to help remember this adds, think of it as energy in motion (Emotion)"

brett
Core member

Post by brett » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:51 am

what you say is true nav - spirits /entities - are picky - and like in life we tend to gravitate towards those who we like or are on the same apparent wavelength as us - as in life as in the afterlife - nothing changes ??

as to your last statement ??- the lone investigator frequently has given up on trying to prove anything to the world - as you observe the best they can hope is to obtain their own answers - the problem is that the world also has a downer on the "team " - sort of a no win situation methinks - that's why through choice or circumstance - the lone investigator is exactly that - on his own :?

gaz - agree with most of your comments - h&s is a very important thing to consider when working alone -this is why if you are forced /chose to go down this route - one should be a self reliant individual who has the ability to think out and prepare for the "what if " scenario - but don't for get that accidents can and have befallen even the best prepared teams - as history has frequently proven

at the end of the day - life is about taking risks - the cleaver people never walk in to a risky situation with their eyes shut - the less cleaver tend to think there will always be someone to bail them out if the worst happens - most of the time this is true - unfortunately - not always so :wink:

guess you just have to take a chance if you wish to achieve some things ??

regards to both :D :D

Brett
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research,
would it?" --Albert Einstein

"the quality of one's ideas can be measured in large part to the degree of resistance that they attract. "

Ghost Searcher

Post by Ghost Searcher » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:23 pm

Great discussion,

I do several investigations.... some totally alone, some with a partner, and some in organised teams.

Which one is better?..... it depends what you are trying to achieve!

The main theme here seems to be proving what we find to the general public and the scientific community. But this theme does not interest me.
We all know that whatever proof, no matter how vigorously researched it may be, will quickly be torn to shreds by sceptics and ridiculed by the public. So personally I don't do any research to satisfy anyone but myself! I know that the paranormal world exists because I have had my own experiences. Only when you have your own experiences, will you truly stop rejecting tales of ghost and hauntings as coming from delusional people. My goal now is to try to understand HOW the paranormal works, and if there is a trigger we can use to interact with it at will, rather than by perceived chance.

I think all investigative methods have merit, but I prefer working alone or with a partner in crime. Teams do have a place as you can cover more ground and have more equipment available, but there are drawbacks to it which I find frustrating such as extra noise and commotion. Personally, I feel that paranormal activity is more likely to happen when you are alone or perhaps with one other person and large groups tend to stifle this activity. I never seem to be in the right frame of mind when in large groups and any paranormal feelings I may have got are just lost in this maelstrom of confusion and noise.

When I investigate alone, yes it is dangerous. I have climbed a derelict, crumbly flight of steps with no walls or banisters, to get to the top of this alleged haunted church tower. There are risks in every walk of life. But by going by myself, I am not responsible for anybody and nobody responsible for me. This way I can cover whatever areas I feel need to be covered.

My partner also has the same attitude and when faced with potentially awkward locations, we may both split up and see what we get. We use radio communication if we get into trouble as this is what it is for.

I can adapt to all ways of investigating. I know that team investigation work is very important, though I tend to be more of a maverick on investigations and like to explore alone or go where I am drawn too.

Regards!
Don't eat the yellow snow!

Cherill
Group founder member ASSAP approved

Post by Cherill » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:00 pm

Hi all,

It's good to see that we have more than one solo investigator here. I think Brett felt he was something of a Lone Ranger! :)

I have no real bias towards either, be it a couple of people or a full team. There are pro's and cons for both, but my personal favourite is when you a small group of people in a large building, or just two or three in a smaller place. Of course, the number of people attending does depend on what the phenomena is and what is needed from the investigator. :)

There is nothing as good as going for a long walk in the middle of nowhere, in the dead of night, humping cameras and meters etc., with just one or two close friends! :oops: :D The ambience can become quite exciting, the dangers untold, and really good results to boot! :?

It's a shame the scientific community are so stubborn! :?
Last edited by Cherill on Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blessed be!

Cherill.

"sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare." J. Ceaser.

brett
Core member

Post by brett » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:02 pm

hi ho Tonto and awaaaaaaaay - who was that masked man kimosaby ??

glad to see i am not the only "lone gunman " in the paranormal world :D

regards

Brett ( the lone stranger - and stranger - and stranger 8) :lol: )
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research,
would it?" --Albert Einstein

"the quality of one's ideas can be measured in large part to the degree of resistance that they attract. "