Silly events that need explanation.

General postings that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderators: wolfman, leecol

Cherill
Group founder member ASSAP approved

Silly events that need explanation.

Post by Cherill » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:10 pm

Hi all,

Over this last week, there have been some weird little events taking place in my house. Some can be easily explained - but some are defying rational explanation at the moment. Here's a brief catalogue of events:-

I went out for the day last Wednesday. Stuart was at work all day and there is only him and me here. When I came home, I was alone and Stu hadn't been back. All seemed ok until I went to bed and someone had swopped two of my pillows about - having to literally change the pillow cases to do it. I always have one firm pillow on the bottom and one softer one on the top on each side of the bed. The top pillowcases are patterned and buttoned and the bottom ones are plain. Suddenly, I had two soft pillows but in the correct pillowcases! I changed the bed the previous Friday and I would have noticed if I had them mixed up! :?

Thursday night I was talking on the phone to Stefan. I was alone in the house. Suddenly, I heard a plastic type clatter in the kitchen. I got up to see what had fallen. My washing machine is by the bathroom door in a tight corner with no windows or external doors. At the side of the washer are the washing liquids I am using at the moment. The plastic dispensing ball was sitting frimly on top of the bottle as it is when you buy them. Well, it was! Now it sat over the other side of the kitchen by the cooker. Me being me, I put it back on the bottle and tried to make it fly to the cooker - I couldn't! I rolled it over the floor but it rolled in a circle. I knocked it off the bottle with some force, but it only ever made the distance to the back door! The cooker is two yards further on. Ideas anyone? 8)

Friday - I went to bed as normal. Stu was in Nottingham. As I lay in bed, I noticed that two of my teddies that sit on the top shelf had been knocked down and three more were facing towards the window! I can't even reach them! They never face that way! :?

Then Saturday - I was in my bedroom with a 'friend' when he noticed that one of my ornamental knives had changed postion as it hung on the wall! I know it wasn't horizontal before - but it is now! :shock:

So, can anyone come up with rational, logical explanations please? :)

Cherill
Blessed be!

Cherill.

"sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare." J. Ceaser.

Navigator
Group founder member ASSAP approved

Post by Navigator » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:52 pm

Hi everyone,

Cherill wrote
Thursday night I was talking on the phone to Stefan. I was alone in the house. Suddenly, I heard a plastic type clatter in the kitchen. I got up to see what had fallen. My washing machine is by the bathroom door in a tight corner with no windows or external doors. At the side of the washer are the washing liquids I am using at the moment. The plastic dispensing ball was sitting frimly on top of the bottle as it is when you buy them. Well, it was! Now it sat over the other side of the kitchen by the cooker. Me being me, I put it back on the bottle and tried to make it fly to the cooker - I couldn't! I rolled it over the floor but it rolled in a circle. I knocked it off the bottle with some force, but it only ever made the distance to the back door! The cooker is two yards further on. Ideas anyone?
Yes I heard the plastic type clatter whilst taking to Cherill on the phone.

Best regards,

Stefan :)
Believe the impossible it's probably true!

"nonnullus qu lema firtivus neus porcus"

© nostalgia: "Emotion is the sum of all beings say’s © and to help remember this adds, think of it as energy in motion (Emotion)"

kevanf1
Analyst consultant

Post by kevanf1 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:24 am

Wow!!! Strange stuff abounds of late :) We seem to have gone for months without seeing our 'grey lady' or any of the other 'presences' that we live with. All this has changed over the past couple of weeks. I've briefly seen the 'grey lady', one of our old cats has walked past me in the kitchen (this was as clear as a bell by the way, she looked solid!!!) and yesterday I saw one of our budgies flying around in the living room. We lost this cat about 7 years ago and the last budgie we had was about 2 years ago now... I should add that none are ever frightening.
Live life to the full and smile.... everybody will wonder why you're smiling so make sure your hands are in full view :)