cynic wars - attack of the cynics

General postings that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderators: wolfman, leecol

brett
Core member

cynic wars - attack of the cynics

Post by brett » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:14 pm

hi all - it is noticeable in the UK that there seems to be a growing trend by the pseudo sceptics /sheptics ( well they are like bloody sheep ) /cynics - to attack any site they consider in the slightest bit woo ( this is a derogatory term coined by these people for believers ) -

the latest victim was a sceptical site -( but obviously NOT sceptical enough ) and the usual performance commenced - and ended with the site closing down as the founders have just got fed up with it all - PASSA had to close its forum and ban a few of these insidious naysayers to be able to continue some time back - but then according to them we where far too WOO ( and according to one - a "pathetic little site " )

what i want to know is who the HELL these people think they are - and WHY - they THINK - THAT ONLY their take on things paranormal is acceptable ?? - they accuse the so called woo's of refusing to listen to reason -

now i am not a conspiracy theorist - but i believe there to be an organised world wide attempt by these cynics to harass and bully paranormal groups who will not subscribe to their brand of truth

my other question /point is IF they are soooooooooo sure that the paranormal is all bunk /has logical explanations - then WHY do they waste so much time pontificating about it - if I was THAT sure i would go play golf or something - not sit on sites writing endless diatribes against people who are after all only seeking the truth in their own way

any way rant over - they cant harm me as i basically don't give a c**p -for their nonsense and they can say what they like about me from the safety of their computers ( i wonder if they would be so verbal face to face ?? ) - but i hate to see people being bullied and belittled , and groups having to pull the plug because of them

Brett - may the force of WOO - be with you :lol:

( don't be seduced by the dark side - even if they DO have donuts ) :twisted:

note i also have posted this on the IPI site - rotten sod ain't I :roll:
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research,
would it?" --Albert Einstein

"the quality of one's ideas can be measured in large part to the degree of resistance that they attract. "

Navigator
Group founder member ASSAP approved

Re: cynic wars - attack of the cynics

Post by Navigator » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:57 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm really genuinely saddened, to read that the sceptical site (mentioned as perhaps not being Skeptical enough) closed down it’s forum, because the site owners had felt the pressure of being bullied by the Jelly Baby clone army. I really hope they might reconsider and fire up again in defiance. Why let them get to you, because in truth they are just a load of mindless morons and don't deserve victory of you. These people (not Skeptical enough?) would certainly have my support. :)

Just for the record it is a very easy game to play the UK type of Skeptic with a “K”, best practise is not to waste any of your time, with those that are unable to accept reason within reason, so just be rid of them is always the best policy. :twisted:

Best regards,

Stefan :)

PS Brett you have said what needs to be said, well done! 8)
Believe the impossible it's probably true!

"nonnullus qu lema firtivus neus porcus"

© nostalgia: "Emotion is the sum of all beings say’s © and to help remember this adds, think of it as energy in motion (Emotion)"

Ian

Post by Ian » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:47 am

brett wrote:hi all - it is noticeable in the UK that there seems to be a growing trend by the pseudo sceptics /sheptics ( well they are like bloody sheep ) /cynics - to attack any site they consider in the slightest bit woo ( this is a derogatory term coined by these people for believers ) -

the latest victim was a sceptical site -( but obviously NOT sceptical enough ) and the usual performance commenced - and ended with the site closing down as the founders have just got fed up with it all - PASSA had to close its forum and ban a few of these insidious naysayers to be able to continue some time back - but then according to them we where far too WOO ( and according to one - a "pathetic little site " )

what i want to know is who the HELL these people think they are - and WHY - they THINK - THAT ONLY their take on things paranormal is acceptable ?? - they accuse the so called woo's of refusing to listen to reason -

now i am not a conspiracy theorist - but i believe there to be an organised world wide attempt by these cynics to harass and bully paranormal groups who will not subscribe to their brand of truth

my other question /point is IF they are soooooooooo sure that the paranormal is all bunk /has logical explanations - then WHY do they waste so much time pontificating about it - if I was THAT sure i would go play golf or something - not sit on sites writing endless diatribes against people who are after all only seeking the truth in their own way

any way rant over - they cant harm me as i basically don't give a c**p -for their nonsense and they can say what they like about me from the safety of their computers ( i wonder if they would be so verbal face to face ?? ) - but i hate to see people being bullied and belittled , and groups having to pull the plug because of them

Brett - may the force of WOO - be with you :lol:

( don't be seduced by the dark side - even if they DO have donuts ) :twisted:

note i also have posted this on the IPI site - rotten sod ain't I :roll:
Hi Brett,

Basically, I think it's a form of "cerebral terrorism"! :x They are trying to brow beat others into thinking that their way is the only valid way and anyone else's is just plain silly. :( They use what they feel is their "superior intellect" to try to belittle others, even though they claim they don't. :evil:

Regards,

Ian.
As Paranormal Investigators, our first duty is to the truth - however uncomfortable it maybe!

brett
Core member

Post by brett » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:28 pm

"superior intellect " ?? - humm - i would not credit them with too much of that Ian - superior brand of cow pooey ( male variety ) may be :lol: :lol:

brett

"the quality of one's ideas can be measured in large part to the degree of resistance that they attract. "

Ian

Post by Ian » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:21 pm

Hi Brett,

I must admit that I did like the fact that it had a name change a few hours before the board was deleted - Sceptical became CYNICAL. :lol: Sorry for the caps lock, but that's was part of the title change. :wink:

Regards,

Ian.
As Paranormal Investigators, our first duty is to the truth - however uncomfortable it maybe!

Jane H
Researcher

Post by Jane H » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:52 pm

Hi all,

I would like to know upon just what precisely they base their claims, I dont see many if any of them doing any sort of sensible research, they just seem to sit back and tear other peoples theories and discussions to shreds, The dictionary definition of scepic (there is no spelling with a k listed) describes it as one who maintains doubt, an unbeliever, infidel or athiest, Look on the bright side guys, a few hundred years ago they would have been burnt as heretics :lol: .

Jane
We do what we must and call it by the best names - R.W Emerson :

brett
Core member

Post by brett » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:56 pm

sounds like a good idea Jane - can we restart the practice - i wanna be - THE CYNIC FINDER GENERAL :lol: :lol:

BRETT

Ian

Post by Ian » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:26 pm

Jane H wrote: Look on the bright side guys, a few hundred years ago they would have been burnt as heretics :lol: .
Hi Jane,

The trouble with that is now they are trying to burn us in one form or another. :x

Regards,

Ian.

Navigator
Group founder member ASSAP approved

Post by Navigator » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:05 pm

Hi Ian,

These same people have tried to burn us in the past and were even found selectively lifting posts to amuse themselves from our forum, when the forum was mainly open for all to view. This is why our forum is now a member’s only forum and why we vet all our new members. It's sad that we had to blind our ideas and opinions and findings to the rest of the internet, because of those who seek to destroy, open-minded communities and therefore future knowledge.

Best regards,

Believe the impossible it's probably true!

"nonnullus qu lema firtivus neus porcus"

© nostalgia: "Emotion is the sum of all beings say’s © and to help remember this adds, think of it as energy in motion (Emotion)"

Ian

Post by Ian » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:48 am

Navigator wrote:Hi Ian,

These same people have tried to burn us in the past and were even found selectively lifting posts to amuse themselves from our forum, when the forum was mainly open for all to view. This is why our forum is now a member’s only forum and why we vet all our new members. It's sad that we had to blind our ideas and opinions and findings to the rest of the internet, because of those who seek to destroy, open-minded communities and therefore future knowledge.

Best regards,

Hi Stefan,

That's why that deleted forum was also "hidden" from disruptive elements and was Admin approved only membership, but they circumvented all that by having a sympathiser vouch for them. This sympathiser also was posting stuff on "cynics uk" for them to comment and give feedback. Brett knows the whole story. :wink:

Regards,

Ian.