read this :

General postings that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderators: wolfman, leecol

brett
Core member

read this :

Post by brett » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:00 pm

have a read of this crap : http://latestnews.virginmedia.com/news/ ... e_the_dead -

has a certain person moved uni's - or have ASSAP commissioned research one wonders ?? :lol:

SO that's why i don't see any ghosts - i don't drink enough - COFFEEEEEEEEEEEEE :roll:

where's the nescafe ??
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research,
would it?" --Albert Einstein

"the quality of one's ideas can be measured in large part to the degree of resistance that they attract. "

wolfman
Assistant report writer ASSAP approved

Re: read this :

Post by wolfman » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:35 pm

Hiya Brett

Good to hear from you mate :D :D :D HHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMM pass me the coffee pot :lol: :lol: . Where do they get all this from :?: :?: :?: The mind boggles (or if you drink to much coffee it hallucinates) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wolfman
"Salutatio ego ipse optatum abuti ea matula!".

Jane H
Researcher

Post by Jane H » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:48 pm

thats it ! coffee and chocolate are banned on investsand no....tea, toast, alcohol, smoking, migraine sufferers, magnetic jewellery,crystals, dowsing rods, chewing gum, crisps, blah blah blah :roll:
We do what we must and call it by the best names - R.W Emerson :

Navigator
Group founder member ASSAP approved

Post by Navigator » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:03 pm

Hi everyone,

Nice one Brett for the link to which I added a watered down response to what I would have liked to have placed. In addition to what I posted on the link note they used 200 Students in their studies. So unless things have changed whereas students these day’s no longer drink vast amounts of alcohol and smoke other substances then the research would also be flawed.

This is what I posted in the link:
Stefan from Birmingham says:Jan 14, 17:37
What a waste of research funding and also a total load of bull. There are two many other variables to be considered that may affect an individual’s ability to sense. Hallucinations whilst under the influence of Caffeine: So can you imagine being stopped whilst driving, asked to blow into a bag and then being told I’m sorry I’m going to have to arrest you because you are four cups of coffee over the limit.
I decided to add the other comment to the link:
Stefan from Birmingham says:Jan 14, 18:15
I forgot to mention:note they used 200 Students in their studies. So unless things have changed whereas students these day’s no longer drink vast amounts of alcohol and smoke other substances then the research would also be flawed.
Perhaps I'm having if there is an equivalent for males to one of those PM Day’s due to some hormone imbalance. :lol: :twisted:

Kind regards,

Stefan :)

PS Strangely I feel so much better after posting those comments. :D
Believe the impossible it's probably true!

"nonnullus qu lema firtivus neus porcus"

© nostalgia: "Emotion is the sum of all beings say’s © and to help remember this adds, think of it as energy in motion (Emotion)"

Cherill

Post by Cherill » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:56 pm

Hi all,

I must agree with stefan here........... (ok, ok, no comment :D :D ). Using a sample of students is totally flawed. The sample should have been taken from the general public, maybe a set number of people from each (multiple of ten) age bracket and also of equal male/female ratio. Then perhaps, you might take this research seriously! :twisted: :roll:

Cherill
Blessed be!

Cherill.

"sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare." J. Ceaser.

Jane H
Researcher

Post by Jane H » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:50 pm

Hi all,

Well so far as the students go, My nephew is at Plymouth uni, and i can tell you that he often sees strange things, usually because he has imbibed large amounts of alcohol, I live roughly midway between two major universities and see lots of students slouching about, and quite frankly i cant make my mind up weather im looking at shaggy or scooby doo, i mean really, most of them have trouble seeing anything by the time theyre out of the pub.

This is about as rediculous as the other nonsense about children being emotionally scarred because they were put in pushchairs facing forward :roll: Yee gods, and they actually get money to produce this BS.

AGREE WITH STEFAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!! blimey ches, i should see somone about that.

brett
Core member

Post by brett » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:57 am

hi Stefan - well said - it is interesting to note that on the various occasions the former owner of next door has been witnessed in manifestation - she was seen by students !! - the current owner has not seen her - but claims to have seen a couple of phantom cats - may be he only drinks a small amount of coffee :lol:

this study is totally bogus and well worthy of the rants of certain individuals of our acquaintance ?? - certainly it is a total waste of money and if universities have nothing better to do - then maybe they should be closed down ?? - like Jane - most of the specimens ( students ) i see round here look like they need to get off the booze and other substances - and if they did the poor old transit flat bed that collects the booze empties - would not be struggling to get up the hill here :roll:

again we see the rancid output of deluded "psychologists " - who have little or no understanding of the subject they are espousing on - it is simple to claim that people are suffering from "hallucinations " - a stock answer /let out when they REALLY have no idea or do not wish to even consider the possibility of extra normal phenomena

one can bet though that certain sceptical organisation will cease on this "study " with glee - as further proof that we are all " deluded - moronic - individuals " - ( stop laughing Jane :wink: )

regards
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research,
would it?" --Albert Einstein

"the quality of one's ideas can be measured in large part to the degree of resistance that they attract. "

wolfman
Assistant report writer ASSAP approved

Post by wolfman » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:21 am

Hi you guys

Caffeine I NEED MORE CAFFEINE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Havent seen anything for ages (silly me put yer bloody glasses on then)
Just had a thought kiddies we could start a new organisation CAFFEINE RELATED ANOMALOUS PHENOMENA STUDIES
or CRAPS for short :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Wolfman
"Salutatio ego ipse optatum abuti ea matula!".

Jane H
Researcher

Post by Jane H » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:31 pm

i get the craps every time i get my phone bill

Cherill

Post by Cherill » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Hi all,

Just a thought........... A very good psychic that we know (we being Simon and I) told me that in order to help develop my own psychic abilities, I should ...............STOP DRINKING COFFEE! Hmmmm - perhaps someone should tell the universities about this, then they may be able to dis-prove the original theory!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

For the record, I did stop drinking caffeine related drinks altogether for nearly a year and it made NO DIFFERENCE at all! :? Needless to say, I drink whatever I want, when I want! :)

Jane, we do occasionally agree you know! :? :?

Cherill.
Blessed be!

Cherill.

"sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare." J. Ceaser.