What has happened to this forum?

General postings that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderators: wolfman, leecol

brett
Core member

Re: What has happened to this forum?

Post by brett » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:55 am

well may be ches - i have had to reappraise what i can now do - because of continuing bad health and depression , ( apparently i am now rated "clinically depressed " - bwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i want my blanky :lol: ) + or course no one wants a "disabled " researcher - or even a genuine one :roll: , so i have renewed my interest in EVP /ITC - which i can pursue at home without being a burden on any one , you know all these paranormal groups who are full of s**t when it comes to having to actually put themselves out to be "socially inclusive " ( please excuse the PC terminology - hock - spiiiiiiiiiiit :x )

and yes agree with the others - i think the overkill has done its job and now the fickle have moved on to other areas of contacting the dead - ( you know - face book - twitter etc etc ) - and those of us in for the long haul - have had to reappraise our directions

but yea - us lot round a Ouija board - trying to contact our selves ?? - - who has the mobile phone ??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research,
would it?" --Albert Einstein

"the quality of one's ideas can be measured in large part to the degree of resistance that they attract. "

Cherill
Group founder member ASSAP approved

Post by Cherill » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:20 pm

Hi all,

Well Brett, your certainly not alone in the group of depressed people. I believe there are a couple of them on this forum. Good to know isn't it? :wink:

I have laways said that disabled people can contribute enormously to an active investigation. Not only with their ideas, but is monitoring the video equipment on site as well. No one usually wants to do that one! :) Then of course there is the reviewing of evidence, listening to hours of recordings.............. the lists go on.

Political correctness is nothing more than a stupid get out clause for able bodied people to employ to be rid of the 'burdens' of lesser able bodied people. That's the top and bottom if it I'm afraid.

Strange isn't it, but now we have some discussions going again, I feel regenerated in the area of Paranormal studies again.............. Whoopppeeeeee.

Ches.
Blessed be!

Cherill.

"sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare." J. Ceaser.

brett
Core member

Post by brett » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:29 pm

oh i heard a good one from a disabled acquaintance of mine who wanted to join a group ( not paranormal BTW ) - they refused him as someone had done a "risk assessment|" and considered it too risky for him to join as some one could be injured by his wheelchair - i never knew playing bowls was a particularly hazardous pastime - so it seems that it is not just paranormal groups who discriminate ( he reported them to the disability rights commission BTW and awaits further developments - not seen him of late so don't know what happened with that )

well whatever - the groups down here ( including that one whose name shall not be mentioned -(hock - spiiiiit :x ) - obviously dont want to know - :roll:

"the quality of one's ideas can be measured in large part to the degree of resistance that they attract. "

Jane H
Researcher

Post by Jane H » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:03 pm

You know, reading this thread I have come to the conclusion that most of these 'organisations' that discriminate against disabled people, do so because they feel that they will be inconveniencd by them in some way, after all, it means that they would have to be considerate to someone other than themselves for a change.

My Hollie is Autistic,and i have lost count of the number of times that i have had people say to me, "Does she understand what people say", I usually say to them, "shes Autistic not stupid, try speaking to her not me".

Oh, these pc pussies do a lot of shouting about equal rights and you cant say this or do that, and you must think about human rights and that criminals are troubled souls and that we should all understand that its not their fault that they beat up an old lady for a tenner, society forced them into it, blah blah blah, No one does a risk bloody assessment on some little scrote who thieves whatever aint nailed down. but they refuse to involve a harmless person in a wheelchair just in case the scrote trips over him and hurts his poor little tootsie. ooooh ! :evil:

All the disabled people i know are Inelligent educated independent people, perfectly capeable of doing complex and often tedious tasks with immense patience
Youre absolutely right Ches, its just a get out clause.
We do what we must and call it by the best names - R.W Emerson :

wolfman
Assistant report writer ASSAP approved

Post by wolfman » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:03 pm

Hi all

Jane you said
its just a get out clause
I work for social services and am in the process of checking that out. Wont be surprised to find that it cant actually be used as a get out. As I understand the law organisations must make reasonable provision for disabled members
As soon as I am fully in the picture so will you all

Wolfman
"Salutatio ego ipse optatum abuti ea matula!".

Cherill
Group founder member ASSAP approved

Post by Cherill » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:46 pm

Hi all,

Wolfman, what would 'reasonable provisions' amount to? Any ideas?

Ches.
Blessed be!

Cherill.

"sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare." J. Ceaser.

brett
Core member

Post by brett » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:46 pm

yea problem is , does it appy to private clubs , i dont think it does - but any thing with "charitable" status of course ........ :wink: :wink:

wolfman
Assistant report writer ASSAP approved

Post by wolfman » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:12 pm

Hi all

As I understand it if the club is private members only i.e you have to be proposed seconded etc the rules may be a little different, if however it is like where you just sort of walk in and you more or less make yourself a member then this risk assessment cop out probably wont wash. Brett ask your friend for a written copy of the reason for declining his membership they must provide one , if they dont he can use the freedom of information act to compel them . give them say 30 days then threaten them with legal action.
Cherill :D reasonable provision means (unless totally private) disabled access, toilets etc
I will continue to dig further to see what else can be discovered

Wolfman (the ferret) :?: :?: :!:
"Salutatio ego ipse optatum abuti ea matula!".

Jane H
Researcher

Post by Jane H » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:18 pm

must be those war ducks :?
We do what we must and call it by the best names - R.W Emerson :