what ever happened to love?

General postings that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderators: wolfman, leecol

Cherill
Group founder member ASSAP approved

Post by Cherill » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:34 pm

Hi everyone,

Well - what can one say? To be truthful I found that little experiment to be quite worrying. If microwaves can affect water in this way, which obviously became a poison as opposed to a life giving/sustaining force - then what on earth do microwaves do to food. :(

Even more disturbing is that I know some people who indeed microwave their babies feeds in their bottles to warm them, and even have so called microwave sterilisers that sterilise the babies feeding bottles using WATER in the microwave!!!! :shock:

I think I should inform these people of that experiment for them to make up their own minds! My God - it's shocking! :cry:

Of course, we do not know what the other variables were, or what other environmental factors played a part - but being a childs experiment I would think this was kept to a minimum and uncomplicated.

Ches.
Blessed be!

Cherill.

"sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare." J. Ceaser.

kevanf1
Analyst consultant

Post by kevanf1 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:57 pm

I think that there are far too many variables to make a serious and scientific judgement on this. People have been using microwave ovens since the 1950's so I'm pretty sure there would be more concrete evidence if it was bad.

When a microwave oven is used to heat up a substance all it is doing is making the molecules vibrate. The energy causes each molecule in the substance to vibrate against each other. This then causes friction which in turn is made into heat energy. You can see why it would be dangerous if you had a faulty microwave door. We are, after all, mostly made up of water.

Has anybody ever tried warming up a mug of tea or coffee in a microwave? Loads of people I bet. But how about doing it with a mugh that has a metallic transfer on it? :) Give it a try. But don't use your best mug for this. I'll give you a hint, you'll be treated to a wonderful light show 8)
Live life to the full and smile.... everybody will wonder why you're smiling so make sure your hands are in full view :)

leecol
Researcher

Post by leecol » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:25 pm

Hiya Kevf1,
the light show would be good,but anyone trying this at home.Should not continue to do this for too long.As it will end up considerably shortening the life of the magnertron,also it could produce bad arcing marks on the cabinet.I think there is still a lot of fear surrounding microwaves(i find this from customers and other service engineers).Even if you jury rigged all the doorswitches,so the microwave would still produce microwaves with the door open.The effective range of microwave damage would only be over a meter.Though putting you head in it wouldint do you a lot of good,especially your eyes. :x also your brain would boil.Microwave energy(around 2450MHz) is non ionising so i cannot see a direct correlation at the moment.Though i remember working on one with an ex avionics engineer,his oscillascope was picking up spurious frequencys over 5GHz at 5 watts.This was interferring with everything in the house(tv,radio etc).The fault was due to a magnertron breaking down,under load conditions.The gentleman was very concerened as the effects at this frequency and power output on humans is not so well understood.The process of heating is quite a simple one,though certain chemical bonds maybe broken(though these would have to be very weak bonds) in the food,maybe comprimising the nutritional value of the food to be consumed.When microwaves cook food,different parts of the food heat up at different rates,due to:penertration depths of the microwaves,salinity levels,water content,density etc.So some foods cook more unevenly than others.Water is much simpler,it would take a massive amount of microwave energy to break into hydrogen and oxygen.Of course it would change to steam long before that happened.
Though note there is a transformer/doubler circuit near the cabinet,producing 4 kilo volts before being injected into the magnertron,producing a strong magnectic field,some of which might affect the food,though this is only speculation.The only way to really find out is one or several of us,to reproduce the experiment several times over,over a period of time,using a control plant/plants.Though it would not be absolute proof it would shine a lot more light on the subject.

Right then!ANY VOLUNTEERS?

kindest regards Leecol. :wink:
Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible- Frank Zappa.
To negatively criticize another man's thoughts without first criticizing one's own, it is an act of aggression, a form of psychological terrorism, and an immoral behaviour Larry Gowdy

GAZ

Post by GAZ » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:35 pm

Hi Kev and Leecol, I have to agree with both of you to certain degrees. We have looked at pictures of an experiment involving watering two similar plants with water boiled using two different methods, and as everything that is on the internet is true, it has to be true! :wink: . So, Kev for your part, yes I agree. I would imagine that extensive research has been carried out on the effects of microwaving food and the reaction of the enzymes within the foodstuff. I think that there is a danger (and this is where some of Leecols ideas come in to play) about the way a microwave cooks unevenly, this is why you're supposed to stir the food frequently and wait a couple of minutes after the food has had it's alotted time in the microwave, as it carries on cooking.I personally think a lot of cases of food poisoning are centred around the fact that some people do not know how to use their microwaves properly, but thats another story.

Leecol, you have had the same thought as me about the experiment, you would need several varieties of plant, soil types, water types, control experiments to really come up with some evidence.

On a personal note, i prefer to use a conventional oven, if i use the microwave i lower the setting and increase the time of cooking and regularly stir whatever is in the mic.

Also, don't let the microwave carry on cooking after you've taken the food out, because you'll just cook the microwave.

Gareth 8)

toouk
Core member

Post by toouk » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:03 pm

Hi everyone! :D

The experiment could have caused a loss of active oxygen in the closed microwave, or the plants might have just been unhealthy or in unhealthy soil. Water alone is not enough for a plant to do well, the water and soil must also be charged, ionized as like during a lightening strike. Bland lifeless water will not sustain life (note the dead zones in some oceans now). Perhaps the microwave intensified the fluoride or other minerals in the water? Strong EMF radiation also 'tunes' elements (similar to magnetizing), and though there is no known measuring device to measure the 'tuning', many people are able to sense the change, and all known reports say the change is not a good one. Like several replies mentioned, there are many variables to take into consideration.

One variable of course is that different organisms and different people have different reactions to different things. What might not hurt one person might kill another person. Teflon for example is highly toxic but doesn't affect many people very bad, but if I eat anything cooked on a teflon surface I very quickly become ill. Microwaved foods affect me similarly, always leaving a distressed feeling within me, plus an unpleasant after-taste. Using a cordless or cell phone almost instantly causes me a headache, but some folks can talk for hours without feeling anything.

Back when I used to service appliances I could tell when a microwave oven had a bad seal or was on its last legs by the feel of radiation when standing nearby. All microwave ovens emit radiation regardless of design, some worse than others. A normal CRT television or computer monitor has a similar intensity of radiation from its high voltage circuits (why I only use LCD monitors), but microwave is mean! :)

USA agencies that test soil conditions tell people (or at least used to) to allow soil samples to dry naturally and to not use a microwave to dry the soil samples because microwaving causes false readings.

In and around my house the plants grow very nicely. If a cutting is given to a relative or friend, the cutting will likely die, but if replanted by my wife or I, the cutting will do well. Much of the difference is often considered to be the noise level, where my house has calm and friendly sounds, while some houses have anxious angry sounds. When my wife and I are chatting outside in the country, wild animals come out of their holes and hidden places to be near us. I have walked through gates protected by trained guard dogs, and have the dogs want to play (much to the annoyance of the owners! :lol: ). How a living organism reacts to its environment, depends on the organism and the environment.

All things react differently to different things, and even if the plant experiment might not be repeatable in one person's house, it would be repeatable in another person's house. The trick of course is to discover how each thing affects our own family members. :D

Best,
Toouk

toouk
Core member

Post by toouk » Mon May 01, 2006 7:13 am

Hi everyone,

Here is a link that gives a little more info, although sad:

400 Dolphins Wash Up Dead Off African Coast
http://www.rense.com/general70/400.htm

The artificial EMF created by humans does hurt. Just because some people might not feel an effect of EMF, it does not mean other life forms are also unaffected.

If I were made king of the world, one of the first things I would do would be to have all AC devices and generating equipment destroyed. Boy would that make me unpopular with telephone companies huh? :lol:

Best,
Toouk

Cherill

Post by Cherill » Mon May 01, 2006 12:48 pm

Hi all,

toouk, it was this incident with the dolphins that upset me so much as I have earlier posted in other threads!

Did we humans really cause this to happen? :cry: :cry:

Ches.
Blessed be!

Cherill.

toouk
Core member

Post by toouk » Tue May 02, 2006 7:40 am

Hi all,

Oops, sorry Ches, either I didn't see the posts or my memory is misbehaving again. :D

Stefan, after some pondering, I am going to wildly guess that microwaved water, if it had any affect, would more likely cause an increase of weight due to it not having the 'life sparkle' like fresh water to metabolize foods well. Hey yea, whether real or not, we can blame the extra pounds on our microwaved foods, sounds like a plan! ;)

Here is another link that gives numerous links to studies:

http://www.indybay.org/news/2006/05/1819327.php

I agree with everyone, microwave is said to heat molecules by causing rapid vibration. All EMF heats molecules, but microwaves are high frequencies that cause higher heating of all molecules including air. We dare never whisper trillions of watts of microwave radiation and global warming in the same sentence, and may the gods forgive us if we accidentally think of the melting of ice or the warming of oceans. For after all, all the electricty we use to heat this and that, to heat the air from one megawatt microwave tower to the next, millions of towers, all that heat surely magically disappears into space and could never be retained within the atmosphere, oceans, and soil. Could it? Surely the law of thermodynamics does not apply to microwave radiation!

Relating back on Gaz's topic of (paranormal?) love, tonight my wife put new soil in two indoor potted ivy plants. I love plants dearly, and upon touching one of the repotted ivys, it almost made me cry (yea, I'm a big softy for Nature :D ). The ivy had not been doing well for several months due to poor soil, and upon touching its vines, it's energy level was very low, at 'room' vibration, what we as humans feel when very sad. I touched a nearby ivy that is doing well, and though the vines are of a similar temperature as the ailing one, the healthy one emits an energetic happy energy of a higher 'frequency'.

Nothing I could ever do or say would ever convince people to reduce the use of microwave radiation, but for all the things we love, plant or animal, as Gaz put it, "maybe we are here is to love one another" also applies to not nuking Nature with EMF. :)

Cherill

Post by Cherill » Tue May 02, 2006 4:11 pm

Hi all,

Well toouk, I haven't really been able to feel the plants the in the way you do, but I can feel the energy from trees. Perhaps it is because trees are much bigger and have a larger area of energy to emit? :?

I used to keep a lot of houseplants, not now though because Blade like to eat them! When I went through the re-potting process I used to gently tease the roots out so the old compost would fall away. Then (like an idiot) I used to gently wash the roots in rain water at room temperature, before repotting in fresh compost. Al the time I did this I talked to the plants as if they were children! Yeah, I know - I'm a crackpot! :? People used to ask me why my plants grew so big and healthy!

What I am saying is that I used to feel the need for the plants to recieve loving tender care, I suppose! Why or how, I will never know, but I did all the same. Perhaps we all feel 'something' of this ability, but not to the extremes as those who are really 'tuned in' such as toouk! :D

Maybe it's time we all learned a bit more?

Cherill.
Last edited by Cherill on Wed May 03, 2006 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blessed be!

Cherill.

toouk
Core member

Post by toouk » Tue May 02, 2006 10:08 pm

Hi everyone,

Cherill, true, trees have a larger mass and are more easily felt. Touching the meat of a tree that has lost some of its bark is a thrill for me, it feeling almost like my being inside the tree's life itself. :D

Hugging trees ought to be taught in schools! :lol:

Your example of caring for plants is a good one. I think we all know intuitively how to be loving to all things, we just need to do it! :D A little birdy says you might have a few additional ideas on the subject in about two or three weeks. ;)

Best,
Toouk