ghost energy traps and feeders

General postings that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderators: wolfman, leecol

median

Post by median » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:15 pm

Interesting results Brett. One showing a general down trend whilst the other, an upward one.
Random fluctuation may occur (speculation :roll: ) as well as variability in your measuring equipment so I personally wouldn’t get too bogged down with the day to day stuff.

Question; Why is it that both caps are starting with different readings? Weren’t they started both on zero? Also, have you repeated the scenario by swapping caps? (I would imagine you have, so no sucking eggs scenario, but one has to ask)

Where is the power coming from? I wouldn’t hazard a guess but it made me think of something you mentioned in an earlier post, the idea of atmospheric electricity. Is it a possibility?

Median :D
This problem was removed in the next series of experiments by asking the same questions to the penguins and to a random group of non-English-speaking humans in the same conditions.

brett
Core member

Post by brett » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:40 am

hi median - in answer to your question - yes each run is started from zero - its just that i am a terrible one for bits of paper and jot things down on them and then lose them hence the results - but i only wanted to demonstrate a trend any way :lol:

now things have taken a turn fro the weirder in that during one run the polarity seems to have reversed :shock: on the loop capacitor - in that it went from value x + to value x MINUS :shock: :shock: in the course of a couple of days - in other words a negative voltage :shock: and yes meters where checked and found OK - all other capacitors in the place checked and found to be showing positive voltages -

the cap with the negative voltage checked a dozen times - ( one of those "am i going nuts or what ??-NOPE this checks out !! " moments all experimenters have when faced with odd results )

now producing negative voltages ( with respect to ground ) is not the easiest thing to do any way - and finding a negative charge on a cap - any cap is a new one on me ( much scratching of head :lol: )

speculations : with regard to atmospheric charge possible - tesla ET AL did a lot of work on this - but finding pertinent information difficult - however would not think that substantial variations likely in charge rates in a small area such as a house - if this is responsible mechanism , charge should be constant over a far larger area - would not explain why differing locations show differing results - currently i have capacitors on trial in another part of the country - effect seems more prevalent in active locations

wild speculation : - IF entities are type of electromagnetic force or exhibit such - are there positive and negative varieties ?? capable of imparting positive or negative charges to experiment - of course one has to buy in to the whole ghosts exist bit for this one to work :lol:

the more i go on with this - the weirder it gets - i have asked several highly qualified electronics "experts " about this and reactions range from "impossible " to a very honest " have not heard of that before - but wont dismiss the possibility "

hummm - answers on a postcard please :idea:

regards

brett
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research,
would it?" --Albert Einstein

"the quality of one's ideas can be measured in large part to the degree of resistance that they attract. "

leecol
Researcher

Re: ghost energy traps and feeders

Post by leecol » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Hiya Folks,

Has anyone had any results from their own experiments?
Brett, have you continued with your research? Does anyone know of a plausible explanation for the capacitor charging effect?

Nothing like digging up old threads hey? :wink:
Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible- Frank Zappa.
To negatively criticize another man's thoughts without first criticizing one's own, it is an act of aggression, a form of psychological terrorism, and an immoral behaviour Larry Gowdy

leecol
Researcher

Post by leecol » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:48 pm

Actually I have just had a thought :idea: ( I know that's quite rare these days!) :lol:

Stefan has the perfect set up to test a set of capacitors in a vacuum/ faraday cage. I am talking about his EVP experiment(s). Which could be easily adapted for the aforementioned experiment?

Possible charging from atmospheric ions and electromagnetic radiation in principle could be eliminated using Stefan’s equipment. Therefore if: atmospheric charges, batch tested residual charge, electromagnetic effects can be practically eliminated. This could narrow down the reasons for the capacitors apparent unusual behavior.

Sounds like a plan to me............

WHAT SAY YOU?
To negatively criticize another man's thoughts without first criticizing one's own, it is an act of aggression, a form of psychological terrorism, and an immoral behaviour Larry Gowdy

brett
Core member

Post by brett » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:42 am

blimey - i thought every one had forgotten all about this or dismissed it as the mad ramblings of the" old crazy " :lol: - well yep it sounds like a plan , what ever happened to the evp experiments with the vacuum chamber ?? - did we ever get any conclusive results with that ?? ( or have i missed that ?? :? )

all seems so long ago now ................................

"the quality of one's ideas can be measured in large part to the degree of resistance that they attract. "

Cherill
Group founder member ASSAP approved

Post by Cherill » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:10 pm

Hi guys,

We have been running the EVP experiment on every invest, both indoor and outdoor since it was put together, but the only one with the results of findings is Stefan!

I think he having PC problems again so he may take a few days to answer.................... :?

Cherill
Blessed be!

Cherill.

"sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare." J. Ceaser.

Jane H
Researcher

Post by Jane H » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:09 pm

If anyones interested, I caught a cracking piece of EVP at Woodchester, just say the word 8)
We do what we must and call it by the best names - R.W Emerson :

Cherill
Group founder member ASSAP approved

Post by Cherill » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:43 pm

Jane -

THE WORD

Ches.
Blessed be!

Cherill.

"sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare." J. Ceaser.

leecol
Researcher

Post by leecol » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:45 pm

I spoke to Stefan last night concerning testing the caps in his apparatus; provisionally he thinks it is a good idea. :)

If we could draw up a testing protocol between us it would help considerably.
My idea is to take two electrolytic caps of value between 30 to 100 uF, leave one exposed to the natural surroundings (e.g. room or whatever) as a control. The other cap placed under Stefan’s set up, then measure the Pd across the terminals after say about a week. This could be logged and displayed as a data set in a form of a graph. Repeat the experiment several times using the same caps, and log the data etc. If the capacitors do not charge, then repeat the experiment using a different set of caps.

Again if no charging takes place, then maybe shift the experiment to another location in the house or perhaps a completely different location. Stefan did come up with the idea of using temperature data loggers, to see if variations in ambient temperature (especially temperature increase) correspond to an increase in electro- chemical action within the cap.

However it would by prudent to run this as a separate test, reducing the amount of variables and keeping the experiment as simple as possible can only be a good thing. We already know that thermal energy will increase the rate of electro-chemical reaction (albeit a small increase) within a battery. However it would be interesting to see how much larger a Pd is produced across the cap (if any), when the ambient temperature is measured at higher temperatures.

Of course other important factors would have to come into consideration, especially handling of the caps prior to the experiment. However I think these variables can be practically reduced to a minimum as long as: time, effort and careful techniques are adhered to.

Over to you Brett and Stefan, any ideas on how to refine the aforementioned experiment. Please feel free to rip my ideas to shreds if makes for a better and more refined experiment that yields tangible and reliable data. That can be interpreted in a manner that leaves little to the imagination! :wink:

Cheers,

Lee.

brett
Core member

Post by brett » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:59 am

yea whatever lee , just make sure they are properly ( eg to real ground ) discharged AND you will need to buy NEW uncharged caps for the test - frankly i am afraid this whole thing has lost sight of the original premise of the idea - that being that IF as is suspected "ghosts" are composed of some sort of energy or need energy to operate on the mortal plain , that they should effect (and as reported supposedly do ) batteries by draining , ego they also should be able to have some of that "charge" leached off them by placing a cap in a location AND THAT IF THIS IS SO A MASSIVE ( EG ABOVE 1 VOLT ) CHARGE SHOULD APPEAR ON THE CAP pretty much instantaneously

what are you going to prove and to WHOME ?? - the Pseudo skeptics ?? - or "OTHERS" so they can claim the research as theirs ?? - i have just been back and re read the whole thread - and still believe i have conducted sufficient tests in a roughly "scientific " manner to prove that the caps are being influenced by something - ,my personal experience is that on a couple of occasions the "massive charge" scenario has happened here - reason unexplained - it may be interaction with spirit ( theory) - it could be to do with solar wind/ flares for all i know - ( possible ) - or something else ,gravity waves ?? the matrix who knows ??

sorry to sound negative about this but - no one is interested and even IF results are produced - they will just be further debunked by the PsKeptics or the research will just be hijacked for profit by others - with as usual the original instigator being sidelined as far as credit go's :roll: ( or probably just dismissed as the rantings of an old crazy D.M.I :lol: ( ask Jane :wink: ) )

I still say a better plan is to actually TAKE some caps AND some fully charged batteries to a supposedly active location and SEE if there is any reaction/draining/charging - then if results ARE obtained - continue from there - but i now suspect this is one of those "once or twice off " phenomena that is irreproducible and thus will like a lot of things just be resigned to the miscellaneous cupboard of paranormal research - because there's no way to make a fast buck out of it :roll:

any ways good luck with this - let us know what happens :D - I pass the baton on this one over to you guys

Brett

( fed up ,hacked off , and frustrated , the spirits have deserted this place , and as i cant go chasing them now else where AND as the whole paranormal scene has degenerated in to one massive self interest /profit/ego scenario wondering WHY i still bother at times ?? )