Vitamins, Minerals and Herbs for Self-Help

This is a place to discuss alternate medicine and therapies that can be applied to mind, body and soul.

Moderators: wolfman, leecol

Cherill
Group founder member ASSAP approved

Vitamins, Minerals and Herbs for Self-Help

Post by Cherill » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:39 pm

Hi all,

I have recently acquired some books about natural herbal remedies and preventative medicines and looking into these I was surprised by the sheer amount of illnesses and ailments you can treat or try to prevent from occuring, just by using certain vitmains and minerals. :)

I thought then, that this thread would be a good place for people for ask any questions on what to use for whatever ailment they want to know about, or what they can treat certain things with as well as or instead of conventional medicines.

You must always remember though, that alternative remedies are just that - alternatives - and are not meant as a replacement for your own doctors advice!

All the information I will pass on here is from world reknown books, namely "The Herbal Drugstore", a Readers Digest manual and "A Comprehensive Guide to Vitamins and Minerals" by Zipvit, third edition.

PASSA will not be responsible for the outcome should you follow our advice!
Blessed be!

Cherill.

"sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare." J. Ceaser.

Cherill

Re: Vitamins, Minerals and Herbs for Self-Help

Post by Cherill » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:26 pm

Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

Hi all,

I have been a sufferer for twelve years now, without realising what it was I have been suffering from. Anyway, now this conditon has been diagnosed, I have been given various tablets from the GP to try to help with the frequency and pain of the conditon (not to mention the wind!). I'm afraid that so far, the GPs suggestions have had either no effect or awful side effects, so now it's time to try the herbal path.

So far I have found that Peppermint Oil capsules do help with the bowel spasms and wind. I have been advised to try Aloe Vera in drink form or capsules, so I guess that is next.

Any hints anyone?
Blessed be!

Cherill.

Cherill

Re: Vitamins, Minerals and Herbs for Self-Help

Post by Cherill » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:31 pm

Cold and Influenza

We all get headcolds around twice a year, and while conventional medicines have their place in easing symptoms, they don't really 'do anything' to help get rid of do they?

I have found that a simple tea (already made for you from Twinings) is great. It's Nettle and Peppermint tea! :o Nettles are natural anti-biotic/cleanser and Peppermint is also a great tincture to relieve inflamations. Make the tea as normal (minus milk of course), then add a teespoon or two of Honey (also an anti-inflammatory) and if your not driving or operating machinery, add a splash of whisky or brandy (or your fav tipple). Drink with two paracetomal is it's really bad.

I found that after a couple of days, the cold is usually almost gone. :shock:

Try it and see...........
Blessed be!

Cherill.