The Goatman

Forum for the discussion of fantastic beings from myth and magic!

Moderator: wolfman

Is the Goatman real or just a legend

Yes, I believe it is a real being.
33%
No, I believe it is just a legend.
No votes
I have never heard of it before so have no opinion about it!
33%
I can't decide if it is real or not!
33%

Total votes: 3

Cherill
Group founder member ASSAP approved

The Goatman

Post by Cherill » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:47 pm

Hi everyone,

I was watching a programme yesterday about an American legend of an alleged supernatural creature known as the Goatman. As it suggests in the name, this creature is supposed to be half man, half goat, but from the witnesses say, it is more of an upright goat than a man. :?

Several people in this particular area of the states (sorry but my attention was elsewhere so I have patchy details) have gone missing completely, never to be found. Family dogs have gone missing but their remains have been found - torn to shreds, shortly after.

One family who lived the woods where this Goatman is supposed to roam, had three family memebrs go missing. Now, a new family, whose house is built on the original grounds of the first family, are being tormented at night by a goat type figure banging and scratching on the windows trying to get at their young son. They allege it has already taken and killed their pet Labrador dog! :?

Most of the missing people were young lovers who were in their cars in 'Lovers lane'. They hear a noise, see a figure and the men get out of the car to see who it is - to just go missing! :shock:

According to the psychologists that have interviewed the witnesses, they are all telling what they believe to be the truth.

It is interesting to note that throughout history and legend, the most evil beings are said to be half goat-half man. Pan for instance is the top of a man, the bottom of the goat. The devil himself is portrayed as a horned, humanoid type goat!

So, what do you think? Fact or fiction, truth or legend?
Blessed be!

Cherill.

"sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare." J. Ceaser.

Cherill

Post by Cherill » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:54 pm

Hi again,

For what it's worth, here is my opinion about the Goatman. I do think that something, wether it is animal or human, may be attacking the family pets and killing them.

It is a fact that quite a few people have gone missing in that area, but as no evidence has been found to give clues to what happened to them, and none seem to have been suicidal or depressed, I must assume that they have indeed been kidnapped. By what or whom, and for what reason, is a mystery!

It is apparent that something odd has been going on in that region, but without further research without the sensationlism of a commercial TV programme, who can really say what? 8)

I reserve my judgement pending further evidence................ :lol: :lol:
Blessed be!

Cherill.

Ghost Searcher

Post by Ghost Searcher » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:38 pm

Thanks Ches,

Not heard of this one before.... the head honcho of us Capricorns!

I love coming to this forum as I always learn something new.

All the best!

GS.
Don't eat the yellow snow!

Cherill

Post by Cherill » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:20 pm

Hi everyone,

Aha! I hadn't thought of the Goatman quite like that until now - trust you GS! :wink: It explains a lot really.......... :lol:

If I hear of anymore about this creature, I wil post it here.

"Now, where's that shepherds crook"? :lol:
Blessed be!

Cherill.