Unicorns

Forum for the discussion of fantastic beings from myth and magic!

Moderator: wolfman

Cherill
Group founder member ASSAP approved

Post by Cherill » Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:07 pm

Hi Jocky,

I know it probably wasn't anything like what toouk would be driving at. :? This is ME talking, not anyone else! :)

Passionate??? ME??? Don't tell anyone, they'll never believe you! :D :lol:

Poetic???? Well, I've heard myself being called some things........... but never poetic! Ooohhh-eeerrr! :? :shock: :D

Ches.
Blessed be!

Cherill.

"sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare." J. Ceaser.

Jocky

Post by Jocky » Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:09 pm

all the qualities of a horse. The majestic body, the elegance and grace of movement, the speed of flight and the silent strength in the all seeing eyes. A horse knows who to trust!
Poetry, I tells ya :!:
This is ME talking, not anyone else!
Never doubted it :wink:

toouk
Core member

Post by toouk » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:09 pm

Hi all,

Interesting thoughts from everyone. :D

The Amerind winged horse symbolizes what the person is inwardly (what the person strives to become), where a golden horse might symbolize what a person wants external to the self (what the person strives to own). The two symbols may appear to an observer to have visual similarities, but the direction of their creation is from opposing polarities and have opposing meanings/interpretations. Just how unicorns relate, I am uncertain. Could the unicorn have in part been the creation of a desire for material possessions? Or perhaps the interpretation just got turned around?
Jocky wrote:An interesting assertion. What personality qualities do you have in mind?
I’m sorry, I thought the qualities were evident. The person who lives in a specific culture will relate specific symbols to specific inward qualities. Terms such as ‘honesty’ and ‘fairness’ become players in the whole of the concept, but not as outward behavior, rather as inward nature.
Jocky wrote: Evidence for the physical existence of unicorns as a species OTOH is non-existent.

Agreed, physical evidence of a unicorn specie does not exist to my knowledge.
Jocky wrote:I simply make a clear distinction between these metaphysical ideas on one hand, and physiscal reality on the other. I realise that you choose not to recognise this distinction
Metaphysical? You are referring only to the unicorn? The term “metaphysics” does not apply to the Amerind winged horse.

Hmmm, why would you assume I would choose to not recognize such a distinction?

Toouk