Evidence for spirit and ghosts

This is a place to specifically debate aspects of the above.

Moderator: wolfman

I believe in an after life

Poll ended at Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:05 pm

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 7

Navigator
Group founder member ASSAP approved

Post by Navigator » Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:14 am

Hi everyone,

I certainly go along with Caz quote: “Belief comes from inside and can be practised from anywhere.” However this wasn’t always the case for me!

I was brought up as a Roman Catholic and was sent to a Roman Catholic school. I hated it but my father and mother wanted me to be a priest because it would be a great honour for them.

Thankfully no great honour occurred and I managed to beg my way out of Roman Catholic Sunday School at the age of nine years.

Today I still have the greatest respect for the Roman Catholic Church it gave me discipline made me obedient it taught me to respect them! Sadly it also taught me that God was to be feared as well!!

I could read all these wonderful stories of how Jesus the son of God made the blind man see, raised Lazarus from the dead, walked on water etc. Yet God is to be feared and this was preached with all the hail and brimstone available at that time.

The Baptist Church
I was eleven years old and in order to play football I joined a youth club attached to my local church. If I went to the Sunday school and the Sunday church service I got to play football on a Saturday.

This was the time of revelation in my life and has caused me so much pain and suffering even up till the present day http://navigatortm.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=25

I stayed with this church as it gave me some much needed light amongst the darkness that descended upon me. I was baptised for the second time in my life on the 25th July 1971 aged twelve years.

The baptismal promise given to me at this time is as follows: taken from the Holy Bible book of Ephesians chapter six verse nine: “Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil” As a youngster this armour came in very useful but I’m much stronger now.

When I started work I also stopped attending Church. I have been to church for the odd carol service and on a few other occasions even fairly recently.

The Pentecostal church; well some Clergy that claim to be filled with the Holy Spirit avoid me like the plague, is this because I’m different?

I still believe in the power of prayer and spiritual healing. I pray for those that need help. I feel the hurt of all life, the hardship, the misery and the suffering.

I except death as a return to my energy form where I truly belong. So that’s a yes vote from me on the afterlife.

Regards,

Stefan :)
Believe the impossible it's probably true!

"nonnullus qu lema firtivus neus porcus"

© nostalgia: "Emotion is the sum of all beings say’s © and to help remember this adds, think of it as energy in motion (Emotion)"