Which Path?

A place to discuss your Pagan way of life.

Moderators: wolfman, leecol

Cherill
Group founder member ASSAP approved

Which Path?

Post by Cherill » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:23 pm

Now here's an odd question!

Scenario - you know your a witch and you've decided that you don't really want to be a lone practitioner (or Hedgewitch) any more. You want to follow a path along with other people that you can share your knowledge with, learn stuff from them and generally have someone to perform rituals, rites and spells with. But, your not sure which path is right for you............ so what do you do.

The first answer is to look in books for the basics of each path. Then decide if you want to be a modern witch or a more traditional witch. Then I suppose you have to look at what each path holds for you. Does it resonate with you :?: Do you want to be told what you can and can't do :?: Do you want freedom :?:

Next you look at the Gods and Goddesses. Do any 'call' to you or are you drawn to many across many many paths :?:

All this is the tip of the ice-berg :!:

Is it any wonder then that I am what I call an "Old Craft Eclectic" witch with leanings towards a shamanistic path :lol: That way, I Invoke/evoke the elements and I can work with any deity from anywhere around the world without being told I can't do this and you can't do that!. We use various methods of spellcasting and healing............ and there's so much to learn still!

Just some thoughts of mine as people often ask what path do I take :)

Cherill
Blessed be!

Cherill.

"sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare." J. Ceaser.