Samhain Ritual I wrote for 2010

A place to share your Rituals and Rites with others.

Moderators: wolfman, leecol

Cherill
Group founder member ASSAP approved

Samhain Ritual I wrote for 2010

Post by Cherill » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:34 pm

Samhain Ritual 2010
Written by Cherill Royce-Dexter.

Welcome to our Samhain Ritual to honour our Ancestors and those we love. First of all, we will cast the circle .
We cast this circle of friendship to protect us.

Cast the circle.

Simon to cast circle with sword, staff or Athame.
May we be safe and protected within this circle for as long as it stands.

Bless the salt and the water.
I sanctify this water in the name of the Goddess. May it be fit to dwell upon the alter. I sanctify this salt in the name of the Goddess. May it be fit to dwell upon the alter.

For this ritual we need to ensure everyone is grounded and protected.
Simon to pass out staffs and then Cherill talks them through the grounding etc.

Now we will cleanse and prepare this circle before calling the spirits and the ancestors.
Simon to cleanse the circle with a smudge stick.
May this smoke cleanse and remove any negative energies here with us this night.

While Simon cleanses the circle, Cherill mixes up the cleansing fluid. Simon to cleanse the circle with Salt and Water.
May this Salt and water cleanse and seal this area here tonight.

Call the quarters.
Cherill – East – I call upon the element of Air in the east. We ask you to carry our messages to our ancestors and loved ones on the other side of the veil. Let our love go with you. We bid you Hail and Welcome!

Simon – South – I call upon the element of Fire in the South. We ask that you light the way for us to communicate with our ancestors and loved ones here tonight. Let our love strengthen you. We bid you Hail and Welcome!

Cherill – West – I call upon the Water in the West to free our emotions. Let the ebb and flow of life and death be a comfort to us this night. We bid you Hail and Welcome!

Simon – Earth – I call upon the element of Earth in the North. Keep us grounded in your roots and protect us as we open our hearts to those beyond our normal sight. We bid you Hail and Welcome!

Light the alter candles and call the Goddess and the God.
We call to the Goddess of the night, the Goddess of the afterlife. Come to us and help us to honour those who lived before us. Those that we loved when they were here on this Earth, who have now gone to Summerland and beyond. Great Goddess, we bid you Hail and Welcome.
We call the God of the night, the God of protection and strength. Come to us and protect us this night as we honour all those who have fought in terrible wars. Those who gave up their lives on this Earth to protect the innocent. Mighty god, we bid you Hail and Welcome.

Call the Spirits.
We call upon the spirits that are so near us this night.
The spirits of this place – hear us. The spirits of our loved ones – be near us. All great spirits, we bid you Hail and Welcome.

Call the Ancestors.
We call upon the Ancestors of this area and the ancestors of our tribes. Come to us. Visit us now and protect us this night. Guide us and keep us in your love and wisdom. All ancestors, we bid you Hail and Welcome!

The Ritual
Tonight we are gathering to honour all those that have left this plane to walk another. Those ancestors we never knew. The ones we have once known and some who we loved and still love. People who gave their lives for our greater good, throughout the ages. Souls who protect us every day of our lives.
We will now light the ancestral candle from which all others will be lit. This candle represents all souls connected to us as one and as individuals.

Simon to light the first central candle.
We light this candle to honour and remember those who passed before us. Ancestors…. Forever in our heart. Merry meet and merry part. Merry meet again!

Everyone now takes a candle and in turn lights one for each person they wish to remember. Recite the rhyme for each person. Can drum or rattle if it feels right.

(Name of person) Forever in my heart.
Merry did we meet, not merry did we part.
Merry shall we meet again.

When the rhyme is done, the person may then burn a personal message using the candle to light it. Can be a photgraph with a message on it or just plain paper.

Earth, Air, Fire and Water, Carry these messages to their intended with the love we felt when we wrote them. Lady Goddess speed the journey. Lord God direct them.

When everyone is done, take a minute to gather ourselves.

We will now have a simple feast with our visitors.
Take the food. I return the first to the Earth from where it came. Blessed be the food. We share this food with the Goddess and the God, the ancestors and the spirits. Blessed be! May we never hunger!
Take the wine. I return the first to the ground where all water flows. Blessed be this wine. We share this wine with the Goddess and the God, the ancestors and spirits. Blessed be. May we never thirst!
Simon to take round the feast and drink.

Close the quarters.
Earth – Simon - We thank the element of Earth for your help with our ritual tonight. Thank you for carrying our messages to our loved ones. Earth, forever in our heart. We bid you hail and farewell.

West – Cherill – We thank the element of Water for your help tonight. Thank you for the ebb and flow of life and for our emotions. Water, forever in our heart. We bid you hail and farewell.

South – Simon - We thank the element of Fire for keeping us safe this night. Thank you for your cleansing purity and safety. Fire, forever in our heart, we bid you Hail and Farewell.
East – Cherill - We thank the element of Air for all your help this night. Thank you for carrying our messages of love to our loved ones and to all those who have lived before us. Air, forever in our heart, we bid you Hail and Farewell.

We now ask the spirits who have been with us tonight to return from whence they came. Go with love and in peace for all time. We bid you Hail and Farewell.

We now ask our ancestors who came to visit us tonight to return in love from whence they came. Go and rest in peace. Thank you for being our ancestors and for giving us the life we have. We bid you Hail and Farewell.

Close the circle.
May the circle be open but forever unbroken. May the love of the Goddess be forever in our hearts. Merry meet and merry part and merry meet again!
Blessed be!

Cherill.

"sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare." J. Ceaser.