Samhain Ritual I wrote for 2014

A place to share your Rituals and Rites with others.

Moderators: wolfman, leecol

Cherill
Group founder member ASSAP approved

Samhain Ritual I wrote for 2014

Post by Cherill » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:43 pm

Samhain Ritual 2014
Written and officiated by Cherill Royce-Dexter

Welcome everyone and thank you for joining us here tonight, to celebrate our ancestors! I would respectfully ask that, once the circle is cast, please do not leave it until the ritual is over. If you do not want to honour the ancestors, please leave the circle now!

First of all, I am going to ask yo all to create and seal the circle. So, everyone, could you please hold the hand of the people next to you. Now please imagine that the soles of your feet have roots growing from them. Let the roots go through the floor and into the earth you are standing on. If they want to spread out, let them. Just take a moment to ground yourself in Mother Earth.
Now I want you to imagine you are in a protective bubble. This bubble completely surround you. It’s around you, above you, below you. Now allow the bubble to grow larger and larger until it surrounds the whole circle, above it and below it. Now would you please set the intent for this protection to remain in place for the whole of the ritual.
OK. So now would you all please turn to face the putside of the circle. Join hands again and repeat after me “ Nought but love may enter”.
Now turn around to face the centre again, join hands again, Now repeat after me, “nought but love remains”.

And now to complete the circle we will smudge ourselves.

Send a volunteer round to smudge everyone.

Thank you everyone. Now we shall call the quarters.

EAST:
I call to the spirits that reside in the East. We invite you to join us here tonight to celebrate in your honour. Come to us with love and in peace.
We bid you Hail and Welcome!

SOUTH:
I call to the spirits that reside in the South. We invite you to join us here tonight to celebrate in your honour. Come to us with love and in peace.

WEST:
I call to the spirits that reside in the West. We invite you to join us here tonight to celebrate in your honour. Come to us with love and in peace.

NORTH:
I call to the spirits that reside in the North. We invite you to join us here tonight to celebrate in your honour. Come to us with love and in peace.

BELOW:
SIMON: Stick Sword in the ground and hold it.
I call to the spirits in the worlds below. We invite you to join us here tonight to celebrate in your honour. Come to us with love and in peace.

ABOVE:
CHERILL: Hold the sword in the air.
I call to the spirits in the worlds above. We invite you to join us here tonight to celebrate in your honour. Come to us with love and in peace.

GODDESSESS:
I light this candle in honour of the Goddess. Great Goddess, we ask that you come to us and join in our celebrations here and now. Join us with love and in peace. Goddess, we bid you all Hail and Welcome!

GODS:
I light this candle in honour of the Gods. . Great Gods, we ask that you come to us and join in our celebrations here and now. Join us with love and in peace. Gods, we bid you all Hail and Welcome!

ANCESTORS:
I light this candle in honour of all the ancestors. Especially those we have known and loved in this lifetime on earth. Mighty ancestors, come to us this night with love and in peace. Celebrate this time with us. Great Ancestors, we bid you Hail and Welcome!

Tonight we honour the ancestors. Those we never knew but without whom, we would not exist. Those from the first man who walked this planet, this Earth, Our Mother! We also remember those people and animals that we have loved in this lifetime. To do this, I have found five pieces of poetry that Gwen, Anne, Dawn, Suzanne and Lara have kindly agreed to read for us.

GWEN:

We call out to the powers if the land.
To the two legged and the four legged.
To those who crawl, dwell and stand upon the land,
We ask for your strength and wisdom today!

We call out to the powers of water.
To the fish and creatures of the sea.
To those who swim, crawl and frolic in the water,

We call out to the powers of air.
To the winged riders of the wind.
To those who fly, buzz and glide in the sky,

To the spirits of the land, sea and sky, we praise thee.
We are children of the stars, the moon, the sun and the earth.
We ask that you bless us and walk with us this day.
May we dance to the rhythm of the song of life.

So mote it be!

Now we have a poem for the Ancestors

ANNE:

Ancestor Prayer.

When you were born, the earth became your body,
The stone became your bone,
The sea became your blood,
The sun became your eye.
The moon became your mind, The wind became your breath.

When you passed to the otherworld your breath became the wind.
Your mind became the moon.
Your eye became the sun.
Your blood became the sea.
Your bone became the stone.
Your body became the earth.

When we were born you did the same for us.
You called forth the earth and the rocks:
The sea arose and the sun descended.
The moon shone down and the winds sang.
For those that come after, we shall do as you did for us.
When we are gone, we shall do as you did before.

Ancestors, we honour you! Hail the Ancestors!
Before we go any further, we need to honour all the spirits here by sharing food and drink with them.
May the Goddess and God bless this food we share. I return the first to the earth, from where it came, I offer the second to the ancestors and third to the spirits of this place. May we never hunger!

Give the plates to volunteer to take round.

May the Goddess and God bless this drink we share. I return the first to the earth, from where it came, I offer the second to the ancestors and third to the spirits of this place. May we never thirst!

Give the goblets to the volunteers to take round.

At this time of the year, some trees and plants shed their leaves. In effect, they are getting rid of all that they no longer need to hold onto, in preparation for a new, brighter future. So this is the perfect time for us to do the same. We have some paper leaves here. We will bring them around, together with a pen. This is your opportunity to write down anything and everything you want to be free of. Worries. Doubts. Anxieties. Memories. Absolutely anything you want to shed can be written on the leaf. Once you have written on your leaf you can ceremoniously burn the leaves on the fire, offering your problems up to the universe. .

In the name of the Goddess I bless these leaves. Let them absorb whatever is written on them and carry them in the fire and air, out to the universe for the greater good of us all. So mote it be!

Get volunteers to take around the leaves and pens.

And now, a poem from us to all those we have loved who have left for a little while. Know that we will see them again, in the Summerlands and know that we will walk together again.

DAWN

The moment that you died
My heart was torn in two.
One side filled with heartache
The other died with you.

I often lie awake at night
When the world is fast asleep,
And take a walk down memory lane,
With tears upon my cheeks.

Remembering you is easy.
I do it every day,
But missing you is heartache
That never goes away.

I hold you tightly within my heart
And there you will remain
Until the joyous day arrives,
That we will meet again.

To our loved ones……….. we honour you!

We must not forget those people who lost their lives in wars so that we may live in peace. Soldiers, sailors and airmen of the world, we honour you! Hail in rememberance!

We must also not forget those pets and animals that are now in the Summerlands with our ancestors. Dearly loved and never forgotten.

CAT
I’m Still Here
Friend, please don't mourn for me,
I'm still here, though you don't see
I'm right by your side each night and day,
And within your heart I long to stay.

My body is gone but I'm always near
I’m everything you see, feel or hear.
My spirit is free, but I'll never depart,
As long as you keep me alive in your heart.

I'll never wander out of your sight.
I'm the brightest star on a summer night.
I'll never be beyond your reach.
I'm the warm moist sand when you're at the beach

I'm the colourful leaves when fall comes around,
And the pure white snow that blankets the ground.
I'm the beautiful flowers of which you're so fond,
The clear cool water in a quiet pond.

I'm the first bright blossom you'll see in the spring,
The first warm raindrop that April will bring.
I'm the first ray of light when the sun starts to shine,
And you'll see that the face in the moon is mine.

When you start thinking there's no one to love you,
You can talk to me through the Gods around you.
I'll whisper my answer through the leaves on the trees,
And you'll feel my presence in the soft summer breeze.

I'm the hot salty tears that flow when you weep,
And the beautiful dreams that come while you sleep.
I'm the smile you see on a baby's face.
Just look for me, friend, I'm everyplace!

To all our passed pets we honour you. Hail in love and remembrance!

And so to end this honouring, a poem that I like to think is what our loved ones would say to us if they could. It’s a poem by Mary Elizabeth Fry and I know you all know it well!

SUZANNE
Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.
After the ritual has ended, the alter will be placed with the ancestor candle left burning on it. Please feel free to light a candle and place it upon the alter in memory of someone who is in the Summerlands. There is also some paper on the alter. Please feel free to write a message to your loved ones and burn it in the fire to send it to them.
Would anyone like to say anything before we close the riual?
Now it is time for our ancestors, Godessess and Gods, and the spirits to return to their worlds.

ANCESTORS:
We thank you, our ancestors and loved ones, for being with us tonight. We hope our ritual shows how deeply we respect you all. Now it is time for you to return to your resting places. Go if you must, but stay with love if you will. Hail and farewell.

GODS:
We thank you mighty gods, our lords, for honouring us with your presence. Go now if you must or stay if you will. All the Gods… we bid you hail and farewell!

GODDESSESS:
We thank you most wonderful Goddess, our lady, for honouring us with your presence here tonight. Go if you must, or stay if you will. All our Goddessess, we wish you hail and farewell!

ABOVE:
Spirits from the worlds above, we thank you for honouring us with your presence. We hope you enjoyed our ritual in honour of you this night. Go if you must or stay if you will. Spirits of the worlds above, we bid you hail and farewell!

BELOW:
SIMON
Spirits of the worlds below, , we thank you for honouring us with your presence. We hope you enjoyed our ritual in honour of you this night. Go if you must or stay if you will. Spirits of the worlds below, we bid you hail and farewell!

NORTH:
Spirits from the North. We ask you now to go if you must or stay in love and peace if you will. We bid you Hail and Farewell.

WEST:
Spirits from the West. We ask you now to go if you must or stay in love and peace if you will. We bid you Hail and Farewell.

SOUTH:
Spirits from the South. We ask you now to go if you must or stay in love and peace if you will. We bid you Hail and Farewell.

EAST:
Spirits from the East. We ask you now to go if you must or stay in love and peace if you will. We bid you Hail and Farewell.

So now our ritual comes to end. Thank you all for taking part. I now declare the circle open - so lets go and Party!
Blessed be!

Cherill.

"sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare." J. Ceaser.