A 10th Year Handfast renewal

A place to share your Rituals and Rites with others.

Moderators: wolfman, leecol

Cherill
Group founder member ASSAP approved

A 10th Year Handfast renewal

Post by Cherill » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:45 pm

The 10th Year Anniversary Handfasting of
Kay and Joey
Written by Cherill Royce-Dexter

Gwen. Welcome everyone to this happy ritual, as Kay and Joey are about to renew their Handfasting vows after 10 years!

Cherill. Once the circle is cast, we respectfully ask that you do not leave the circle until the rite is ended. Children may leave whenever they want to though, as they leave in innocence. Simon, please seal the circle.

Simon goes around the outside of the circle with a bowl of rosemary water, sprinkling the ground.

Gwen. As we have already been cleansed we can go straight to the quarters.
Quarters, would you please call the elements forth!

East – We stand at the gate in the East and we ask the element of Air to come and bear witness to this rite. Element of Air, we bid you Hail and Welcome!

South – We stand at the gate in the South and we ask the element of fire to come and bear witness to this rite. Element of Fire, we bid you Hail and Welcome.

West – We stand at the gate in the West and we ask the element of Water to come and bear witness to this rite. Element of Water, we bid you Hail and Welcome.

North – We stand at the gate in the North and we ask the element of Earth to come and bear witness to this rite. Element of Earth, We bid you Hail and Welcome.

Simon. – I call to the spirits of the worlds below, and the spirits of our ancestors to come forth and bear witness to this rite. Spirits of the world, we bid you Hail and Welcome.

Cherill – I call to the Goddesses to come to us and bear witness to this joining of Kay and Joey. Goddess, I bid you Hail and Welcome.

Gwen – I call the Gods to come to us and bear witness to this joining of Kay and Joey. Gods, I bid you Hail and Welcome.

Cherill – Kay and Joe have been Handfasted for 10 happy years. They now feel the time is right to renew their vows. So Kay and Joe, please turn to face each other and say your words.

Kay and Joey make their pledges to each other.

Cherill – Do the seconds have anything to say?
Seconds say what they want to.

Cherill - ( as Gwen binds their hands) – We bind you together as one, in front of the Gods, Goddesses, Ancestors, Spirits and the Elements, family and friends.

Gwen - May the Gods bless you and keep you united no matter what befalls you.
Now, as one, step the broom into a new chapter of your life together.

Two bring the broom up and hold it whilst kay and Joey step over it.

Cherill – Let us now break bread with the happy couple.

Quarter seconds come to the alter to take round libation of food and wine.

Cherill – I bless this food in the name of the Goddess and the Gods. The first to the Earth from where it came. May you never hunger. Bless the food.

Gwen - I bless this wine in the name of the Goddess and the Gods. The first to the earth from where it came. May you never thirst. Bless the wine.

Quarters take out the libation. Give Kay and Joe the second.

Cherill – We have all born witness to this rite. May Kay and Joe receive love and support from us all. As we close the quarters, seconds, hold the gates! Quarters come forth with your offerings.

North – Come forwards and give your gift to Kay and Joe – say what you want to – then go back and close the quarter.
We thank the element of the Earth for being here with us today. We bid you Hail and Farewell.
West – Come forwards and give your gift to Kay and Joe – say what you want to – then go back and close the quarter.
We thank the Element of Water for being here with us today. We bid you Hail and Farewell.

South - Come forwards and give your gift to Kay and Joe – say what you want to – then go back and close the quarter.
We thank the Element of Fire for being here with us today. We bid you Hail and Farewell

East - Come forwards and give your gift to Kay and Joe – say what you want to – then go back and close the quarter.
We thank the Element of Air for being here with us today. We bid you Hail and Farewell

Simon – We thank the Ancestors, the spirits of this place, and the spirits of the worlds below for being here today. We bid you Hail and Farewell.

Gwen – We thank the Gods for being here with us. Gods, we bid you Hail and Farewell.

Cherill – We thank the Goddesses for being here with us. Goddess, we bid you Hail and Farewell.

Thank you all for bearing witness to this rite. Congratulations to Kay and Joe.

Kay and Joey. Would you please led us all through the Labyrinth? When you get to the middle of the Labyrinth, remember to leave the past behind you and begin your future together. As for the rest of us – well, do the same!
Blessed be!

Cherill.

"sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare." J. Ceaser.