Lammas 2015 Ritual

A place to share your Rituals and Rites with others.

Moderators: wolfman, leecol

Cherill
Group founder member ASSAP approved

Lammas 2015 Ritual

Post by Cherill » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:46 pm

Lammas Ritual 2015
Written by Cherill Royce-Dexter

Welcome everyone to this our Lammas Camp ritual to celebrate our Grain Mother, our Mother Earth. The Earth as a Goddess in parts and in the whole! I hope to keep this very short as we have a handfasting to go too shortly! First of all let’s cleanse ourselves and seal the circle with the power of smoke. Smudgers please.

Call the quarters please.

East
I call to the element of Air. We invite you to be with us as we celebrate your being. We humbly ask that you always give us your breath of life. May your winds blow the seeds over the Earth and may you nurture us for all time. Element of Air, we bid you Hail and Welcome!

South
I call to the element of Fire. We invite you to be with us we celebrate your being. We humbly ask that you grant us your warming, cleansing fire. May your warmth invite the seeds to grow and keep all living things warm, now and for all time! Element of Fire, we bid you Hail and Welcome!

West
I call to the element of Water. We invite you to be with us as we celebrate your being. We humbly ask that you continue to give us the gentleness of your nourishing waters to make all living things grow, now and for all time. Element of Water, we bid you Hail and Welcome.

North
I call to the element of Earth. We invite you to be with us as we celebrate your being. We humbly ask that you allow us to remain on this, your planet, your very being, to live and grow and honour you, now and for all time. Element of earth, we bid you Hail and Welcome.

Spirits of the Place
I call to the Spirits of this place. We ask that you come forth at this time and celebrate life and death with us at the peak of High Summer. Spirits of this place, we bid you Hail and Welcome.

Ancestors.
I call to the Ancestors of all those gathered here. We humbly ask that you continue to watch over us and guide us as we tread our path. Mighty ancestors, we bid you Hail and Welcome.

Goddesses and Gods
I call to the Goddesses and the Gods of every faith, every path and every belief of all those gathered here today. Come to us and be with us now and for all time. We honour you, and we bid you all Hail and Welcome.

“Lammas, or Lughnasadh, Is the time of year when the fruits of our labours are ripening. We can harvest those fruits from the trees, from the fields but we can also harvest and seek the rewards for our personal sacrifices.
All those plans we laid the foundations for at Yule can now be realised.
All the hard work you put into yourselves and your families at Imbolc, when the earth began to awaken, can now reaped.
Now is the time to celebrate that we have a future. We can see the crops ripening, later crops are growing and on a personal level we rejoice that we have the means to go forward for yet another year.
However, Lammas is also the onset of dying. Early crops are now past their past. Some are going to seed to start the cycle of life again. So now would be a good time to re-asses your own lives. How can we improve it? What can we do to make this life better, not just for ourselves but for all living beings whether they be human, animal, mammal, fish, plant or amphibian. What would you need to make those changes?
Today, we have three ladies, the ‘Mothers’ that is the founders, of Chesterfield Pagans. Today, they will represent our great goddess Mother Earth.
Our goddesses will walk around the circle to each and every one of you. You are invited to give them an offering of your choice. Feel free to ask of them a favour to assist your being for this coming year. Don’t be shy now!

Would the Earth Mothers come forward please?”

Gwen, Dawn and Tyler come forward to me. I make them offering of the libation fruit. To Gwen - “Mother. I ask that you grant me the wisdom to carry out my duties to the best of my ability”.
Gwen nods and moves out to the circle with the others carrying the offering on a plate. The ‘Mothers’ go round the circle taking any offerings then come back to the altar.

“All offerings are given with hope.
All offerings are accepted with love.
But in this world, nothing is given for free. No matter who, what or where, everything has a price and so Our Mothers are going to make a sacrifice on your behalf.”

Gwen, dawn and Tyler take the offerings to the fire and place them in.

Gwen
“We offer these goods to the Gods and to Mother Earth herself, through the fire. We humbly ask that the wishes and needs of your people are met through their sacrifices. So mote it be”.

“So now let’s share our good fortunes and happiness by sharing the fruits of our Great Mother. I bless this fruit in the name of the Goddess. May we never hunger!”
Those doing the libation come forth and take out the fruit.
“What better way to celebrate our life giving waters than to drink the purest of waters together? I bless this water in the name of the Goddess. May we never thirst.”
Those doing the libation take the water round.

“So far we have celebrated the Earth Mother, but let us not forget our Father Sun. Father Sun, we bid you Hail and Thank you!

Let us close the circle now please.

Goddesses and Gods
I thank all the Deities for honouring us with your presence today. We thank you all for your guidance throughout our lives. We ask that you hear us when we call to you and help us when you can. Gods and Goddesses, we bid you Hail and Farewell.

Ancestors
We thank our ancestors for being with us now. We ask those who must leave to go in peace and love. We ask those who will stay to remain in love and guide us for all time. Ancestors, we bid you Hail and Farewell.

Spirits of the Place.
We ask the Spirits of this place to go now and leave us you found us. Go if you must, or stay if you will. Spirits of this place, we bid you Hail and Farewell.

North
We thank the Element of Earth for being here, with us, this day. We ask that you continue to hear us when call to you. We also ask you continue to provide us with a place to live and food to eat. Element of Earth, we bid you Hail and Farewell.

West
We thank the element of Water for being here, with us, this day. We ask that you continue to hear us when we call to you. We also ask that you also continue to supply us with clean water to make the crops grow and to sustain all living things. Element of Water, we bid you Hail and Farewell.

South
We thank the Element of Fire for being here, with us, this day. We ask that you continue to hear us when we call to you. We also ask that you continue to give us the warmth that all living things need to survive. Element of Fire, we bid you Hail and Farewell.

East
We thank the Element of Air for being here, with us, this day. We ask that you continue to hear us when we call to you. We also ask that you continue to give us clean air that we may breathe and the winds to carry our seeds. Element of Air, we bid you Hail and Farewell.

“Our ritual is ended. Offerings have been given. Sacrifices made.
Let us end this circle with a dance through the Labyrinth. Bob will play us through! As you go in, think of all you want to leave behind and drop it as you dance. When you get to the middle, resolve that the way forward will be better and brighter. Then as you dance out, plant in your mind, the seeds you needs to make your future plans come true. Happy Lammas everyone!

East
I call to the element of Air. We invite you to be with us as we celebrate your being. We humbly ask that you always give us your breath of life. May your winds blow the seeds over the Earth and may you nurture us for all time. Element of Air, we bid you Hail and Welcome!

South
I call to the element of Fire. We invite you to be with us we celebrate your being. We humbly ask that you grant us your warming, cleansing fire. May your warmth invite the seeds to grow and keep all living things warm, now and for all time! Element of Fire, we bid you Hail and Welcome!

West
I call to the element of Water. We invite you to be with us as we celebrate your being. We humbly ask that you continue to give us the gentleness of your nourishing waters to make all living things grow, now and for all time. Element of Water, we bid you Hail and Welcome.

North
I call to the element of Earth. We invite you to be with us as we celebrate your being. We humbly ask that you allow us to remain on this, your planet, your very being, to live and grow and honour you, now and for all time. Element of earth, we bid you Hail and Welcome.

Spirits of the Place
I call to the Spirits of this place. We ask that you come forth at this time and celebrate life and death with us at the peak of High Summer. Spirits of this place, we bid you Hail and Welcome.

Ancestors.
I call to the Ancestors of all those gathered here. We humbly ask that you continue to watch over us and guide us as we tread our path. Mighty ancestors, we bid you Hail and Welcome.
Ancestors
We thank our ancestors for being with us now. We ask those who must leave to go in peace and love. We ask those who will stay to remain in love and guide us for all time. Ancestors, we bid you Hail and Farewell.

Spirits of the Place.
We ask the Spirits of this place to go now and leave us you found us. Go if you must, or stay if you will. Spirits of this place, we bid you Hail and Farewell.

North
We thank the Element of Earth for being here, with us, this day. We ask that you continue to hear us when call to you. We also ask you continue to provide us with a place to live and food to eat. Element of Earth, we bid you Hail and Farewell.

West
We thank the element of Water for being here, with us, this day. We ask that you continue to hear us when we call to you. We also ask that you also continue to supply us with clean water to make the crops grow and to sustain all living things. Element of Water, we bid you Hail and Farewell.

South
We thank the Element of Fire for being here, with us, this day. We ask that you continue to hear us when we call to you. We also ask that you continue to give us the warmth that all living things need to survive. Element of Fire, we bid you Hail and Farewell.

East
We thank the Element of Air for being here, with us, this day. We ask that you continue to hear us when we call to you. We also ask that you continue to give us clean air that we may breathe and the winds to carry our seeds. Element of Air, we bid you Hail and Farewell.
Blessed be!

Cherill.

"sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare." J. Ceaser.